Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dreaming of Coastal Breezes


As many of my friends know, I am not overly fond of the heat. With summer on it’s way I decided to set a table that would visually cool me off every time I walked by. I love setting the table even if we never sit down to use it. The best part is that when it’s set it doesn’t get used as a drop off spot when you walk in the house.
IMG_0349a
IMG_0361
I have been collecting different shells it seems like forever. Some from the beach, Pottery Barn always has a great bag or box this time of the year and of course what I call TJRM. Which is shortcut for TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls and the wonderful Home Goods.

IMG_0351a


I found the wonderful black wrought iron cage of shells recently. Not only does it look great, but it has an ocean breeze scent. If I turned on some background wave sounds and closed my eyes, I would be transported.IMG_0362
IMG_0354a
Each place setting has a shell holding up two pieces of appetizer chocolate. Because as life is short… I am sure you all know the rest.
IMG_0346IMG_0347aIMG_0345a







IMG_0352IMG_0355
The liquor glasses are from the Royal Caribbean quilt cruise that Bolts took a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, they moved our ship to the Caribbean. We are waiting for the Mexican Riviera route to come back. It was always great fun and we all got a lot done during our week at sea.

IMG_0359
IMG_0358IMG_0380



IMG_0350a
Thanks for visiting with me, may the cool ocean breezes come your way soon.
Dawna
I’m joining Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday 

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful tablescape. This is what I think makes it so special:
    So many beachie tablescapes are cute or causal (no surprise), rather than elegant. You've managed to pull off elegant. First time I've ever seen that done!

    I'm jealous of your shell collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic use of your gazing ball! Love those glasses - perfect for this beachy t'scape!

    DD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they brighten my day.