Saturday, January 25, 2014

More Quilts from the 2014 Road to California Quilt Show

This happy quilt was hanging in the main hallway at the show.

IMG_2522

I didn’t think I had captured the name of the quilt or who had made it, but thank goodness for the ability to crop photos. “Jack’s Cabin or Tough Times, Tough Pattern” by Susan Maddox.

However, I definitely didn’t get the information on this quilt. I love snowflakes and these ones in wool have fabulous texture.

IMG_2538

IMG_2538

Don’t you just love the layout of this  Dresden plate quilt?

IMG_2553

IMG_2554

IMG_2556

IMG_2557

IMG_2561

IMG_2559

IMG_2560

IMG_2636

IMG_2637

IMG_2639

IMG_2674

IMG_2673

IMG_2672

IMG_2671

IMG_2675

IMG_2676

IMG_2564

Look at the detail in this miniature quilt.

IMG_2566

IMG_2685

IMG_2684

IMG_2592

IMG_2591

If you missed the first quilts click here. More quilts to come.

Stitch at You Soon,
Dawna

Partying with:
The Tablescaper - Seasonal Sundays 

Sew Many Ways - Sew Darn Crafty Linky Party

10 comments:

  1. Wow - thank you for posting Dawna - I wish I lived closer I would LOVE to see them in person. Take care now. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so ridiculously awesome! Maybe one day I will even be half as good... O_O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see that Elsie Campbell won an award. Her quilt is beautiful. She's a nice gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for some quilt images from the show...Hard to have one in the show and not be there (it's the green dresdens you showed). Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any idea how to make the Susan Maddox quilt? It caught my eye, as well, and I asked everyone I could about it. No one had a clue. We all knew it was a nine patch off a hexagon, but then what???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawna,

    Thanks so much for honoring my quilt...."HOPE" (it is the three men in blue and grey) I think you got the pictures mixed up and credited it as Under a Violet Moon.

    Thanks again, so very glad you liked it.

    Sandy Curran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy,
      So sorry it took me so long to correct. Your work is amazing and I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
      Dawna

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, they brighten my day.